Is There Any Glitch in OBS 27.0.0?

webstudio

Last Tuesday I updated my OBS to version 27.0.0. Since I updated to the new version I began to have issues. The main issue is that for whatever reason when I create an event on YouTube and use the RTMP provided by Restream.io, when I go live OBS seems to be streaming, however, it does not connect to YouTube. On YouTube, I still see "Upcoming", under the "Upcoming" section. I made contact with Restream.io and started some tests. Based on the findings, even though OBS seems to be streaming, the tec guy from Restream.io said that in their backend he did not see any streaming. After trying a few more times, we decided to stream using Restream Studio only and it worked. All this began with the new OBS Version. I have always used Rstream.io and OBS this way with no problem but now is frustrating.
This is the log file for your review https://obsproject.com/logs/ulSHgmi6g8zBmFgV
I have also attached a screenshot from my YouTube Studio showing the Event under "Upcoming" but I already "Streamed"
Any help on this will be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 1.04.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 1.04.48 PM.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 22

Lets_Survival

I also encountered this problem with Restream. I did some tests and it is a problem between OBS 27.0.0 and Restream.

When I set the maximum bitrate in OBS (Mac) 27.0.0 and then stream, no decent picture and sound arrives. As a result, YouTube and Twitch cannot receive any images or sounds from me. Thus, a stream is permanently black and without picture and sound.

In version 26.x.x everything worked great on my Mac.

So after I noticed the problem, I just wrote with Restream support. There must be a change in version 27.0.0 that triggers this problem.

I tested myself because Restream said my bitrate was too high, which is why YouTube and Twitch would reject it. My counter argument was that this problem did not occur in the old 26.x.x OBS version, so this must be an error in the encoding between OBS and Restream.

I then changed some settings. First I tried other encoders, which had the same effect as with Apple's own encoders. (Example x.264, Apple H.264 software and hardware).

I then set a low bitrate, with maximum bitrate of 6000, but this also did not work in any encoder. I then tested again without maximum bitrate and fixed the normal bitrate to 6000 KB.

Result: Stream arrived successfully on Restream and then also had a normal quality on YouTube and Twitch. The connection worked great without the maximum bitrate.

Restream got the results from me because you didn't believe me that this problem happens from OBS to Restream. Now you are up to date on the issue and now also recommend removing maximum bitrate until the problem is found.

Maybe this will help you?

Attachments

• with maximum bitrate.png
    with maximum bitrate.png
    686.9 KB · Views: 28
  • without maximum bitrate 2.png
    without maximum bitrate 2.png
    710.6 KB · Views: 29