Is there a way to prevent downscaling automatically (or at least create resolution profiles)

danelyn

I've been having a really dumb problem lately and, while it's 100% my fault for forgetting, I'm hoping there's a better solution. I have several recording modes, two of which are in 1080p with various sources that I'd like to switch between. This is totally fine and I'm able to use hotkeys to switch between scenes as is intended, no problem. However, my other recording modes require a 3840x1080 viewport to store 2 separate screens that I want to record at 1080p. Issue here is that for some reason every time I type in proper 1920x1080 into the base (canvas) resolution, it drops the output resolution to 640x360 for some reason. And, going to my other viewport, it'll downscale from 3840x1080 to 1280x360. I have absolutely no space problems and I'm completely fine (nay, wanting) to record at full 1080p, as if it were to record a downscaled resolution my videos would all be ruined. This can't be a problem only I'm having, but so far I haven't seen any other alternative. Is there a way to somehow either set the output resolution to always match base, or maybe a way to create resolution profiles in the same way we can create scenes?

help is much appreciated, ty :D