Question / Help Is there a way for Hotkeys to only affect the active Scene?

BeardyMike

I have made a GameShow in OBS, and it has hundreds of sources that I need to turn on and off using hotkeys. I have used the A key as a hotkey for several sources on many scenes, but when I press A, it activates all those sources on all the scenes. Then when I switch to one of the affected scenes, the sources are already enabled.

I need a way to prevent hotkeys from affecting other scenes. Only the active scene should accept hotkeys.

My current solution is to make the scene switching happen by hotkey (F1 for example) and have that same hotkey hide all the important sources on each scene. This works, but it will be hours of work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

FerretBomb

Unfortunately no, there is no way to have 'local' hotkeys only active in your current scene.

Depending on the type of setup, you might want to look into something like a browser/webpage-based interface running on NodeCG; a lot of professional setups work using that, including GDQ.

Depending on the format you're going for, it'd be possible to set up a single 'answer hider' scene with hotkeyed graphics over each of the answer spots for the rest of your scenes. Then add that scene as a source to each of your 'round' scenes, possibly below a masking graphic to make each look different. At that point you'd at least only have X hotkeys to worry about, and a single reset/all-visible key to push each time.

WBE

If you consider a broser/webbased interface as mentioned before, but prefer a local solution (on your pc/laptop), you might think of PowerPoint or such a solution.

BeardyMike

Thank you for your answers. I'll just accept that my use case is unusual and stick with OBS as I lack the programming knowledge for something NodeCG, but I will start researching it.

Onwards with the hours of work...