Question / Help Is there a version of OBS that would work with Windows 7?

Banyarola

I have used the last version on W7 and I believe the latest one also..I dual boot between 7 and 10..
I think the difference is not all the features in the latest version will work with 7..
All you can do is try is and see what happens..

backpacker84

Hi,

Are you still using OBS on Windows 7 without issue?

I have used the last version on W7 and I believe the latest one also..I dual boot between 7 and 10..
I think the difference is not all the features in the latest version will work with 7..
All you can do is try is and see what happens..

Banyarola

My advice is to upgrade to W10 and get it over with...You'll like it once you get familiar with it..

Last edited:

r.berger1938

We all know that Windows 7 has been phased out by Microsoft. That said, there are many computers that continue to operate under Windows 7 Pro. PRACTICALLY EVERY HOSPITAL COMPUTER STILL RUNS ON WINDOWS 7 PRO. These computers still get security updates, furnished by a 3rd party. They run programs and databases which are custom designed for the medical field, and there is no reason to upgrade them. Example... University of Michigan Hospital, with Patient Portals, Kellogg Eye Center, U of M Flint. They can't afford to replace 1200+ computers with new ones running Win 10, which is basically a gaming upgrade to Win7Pro. Most of these computers have less than 8G ram. Have you tried to run Windows 10 on 2G ram? I'm getting carried away. Really, the main point I want to make is that some of us don't have the authority to change our operating system, so we're stuck with 7 pro.

MyNameForever

I'm using OBS 27.0.1 on Windows 7 no prob... but I don't stream. Also the VirtualCam plugin works. On a related note using blender 2.93 when they said it couldn't be done (sort of). Downloaded the portable zip files for blender and OBS, because installers scare me. My computer is 2010 desktop (HP Pavilion) AMD Phenom II X4 blah blah, updated graphics card and ssd. Still very usable. Never been hacked but backup entire drive image every now and then.

Banyarola

I'm using OBS 27.0.1 on Windows 7 no prob... but I don't stream. Also the VirtualCam plugin works. On a related note using blender 2.93 when they said it couldn't be done (sort of). Downloaded the portable zip files for blender and OBS, because installers scare me. My computer is 2010 desktop (HP Pavilion) AMD Phenom II X4 blah blah, updated graphics card and ssd. Still very usable. Never been hacked but backup entire drive image every now and then.

This thread is a year old....

FerretBomb

Yeah, I saw it had some age. But Apr of 2021 was latest I think. And both OBS and blender versions I mentioned are recent releases.
It may still work, but is officially unsupported since Win7 is now end-of-life. So if you run into any problems, you're on your own.

ChiefLaBeast

If yes, where can I find it and download? The computer I need to capture screen videos cannot be upgraded and has be running Windows 7. I need to capture screen while it is running a particular program. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you
Nukhet

is there any OBS can support window7

i m not able to open obs in window 7

I'm using OBS 27.2.4 on Windows 7. The current version 28 doesn't work for this machine. I got the old version from FossHub.

koala

Don't download from 3rd party sites, if you can have the original download. The last version of OBS supporting Windows 7 is 27.2.4, and the official download location is this:

ChiefLaBeast

Don't download from 3rd party sites, if you can have the original download. The last version of OBS supporting Windows 7 is 27.2.4, and the official download location is this:

how do you build / install this git? I was able to get the zip file from the source code but don't know how it installs.