Question / Help Is MP4 output supported yet? If so, how?

permutations

I'm not sure whether MP4 output isn't supported in the Multiplatform version yet, or I just can't figure out how to do it. Please advise.

Hi

You can use the menu option, File, Remux Recordings to convert the .flv file into a .mp4 file. It's a quick process and works great for me.

Adrian

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Or under Output settings, you can change to Advanced mode and switch the recording encoder to FFmpeg, and save as MP4 from there.

Saturn2888

I noticed when recording w/ MP4, the filenames aren't serialized or dated like the old OBS so it always overwrites the one I had. Is this the intended behavior?

permutations

Or under Output settings, you can change to Advanced mode and switch the recording encoder to FFmpeg, and save as MP4 from there.

Thanks. I was able to find that and change the settings. Couple more questions:

1) When I switched from 2500bps to 3500bps, the filesize of a one minute test recording didn't change. Are these settings working?

2) When I switch from 30fps to 60fps, the audio no longer can keep up with the video. But there is no problem with 60fps when I use the software that came with my Hauppauge HD-PVR2. How come I can record at a higher resolution with their software than with OBS?