Question / Help Is it possible to use OBS With Discord?

leotheleopardnz

I want to use OBS to stream my game to Discord with my friends, this way, I can interrupt the game with an overlay or out a message on the screen if I'm not there or I can make sure things work properly. I've managed to get this partially working by using the projector, but there's no audio on the projector. Is there a way to stream to Discord so my friends can play with me while they can actually hear the game without just sending them to YouTube or Twitch?

EnderGed

1590753905334.png

mine is in Polish, but regardless, you just choose Video here, and you can select your OBS virtual webcam

DownloadPizza

Actually there is a way to do this, right click the preview and click window projector (Preview in a window), then just stream that

KroketSlet

I was wondering the same question!
I want to stream my OBS in Discord. But if i use screen share, there is no audio.
Did you find a way to fix this already? Plz let me know!

Toddtj

this is an old post, now, but for anyone who comes across this by googling and still needs an answer, there is a far simpler one. you can make any source in obs play it's audio through your monitor via something called Audio Monitoring and then stream your screen via discord like normal.

in the main pane of obs, in the audio mixer pane, right click the setting gear and click advanced audio properties. in the window that pops up find the drop down for Audio Monitoring and set the source you're concerned with to Monitor and Output.

You may also need to go into obs's main setting, audio tab, and find a drop down menu for Monitoring Device. make sure thats set to your monitor.

Attachments

• Image22.png
    Image22.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 10,334

Sarcasstic

this is an old post, now, but for anyone who comes across this by googling and still needs an answer, there is a far simpler one. you can make any source in obs play it's audio through your monitor via something called Audio Monitoring and then stream your screen via discord like normal.

in the main pane of obs, in the audio mixer pane, right click the setting gear and click advanced audio properties. in the window that pops up find the drop down for Audio Monitoring and set the source you're concerned with to Monitor and Output.

You may also need to go into obs's main setting, audio tab, and find a drop down menu for Monitoring Device. make sure thats set to your monitor.
just curious if you knew how to do this on streamlabs obs I am having so much trouble

reinvearth

i still cant make it to work, what screen should i share? the preview?