Question / Help Is it possible to run OBS with two internal PCI-E capturing cards?

swerft

Hello everyone,

I have searched quite a bit but have not found any satisyfing answers:

Is it possible to install two (2) internal PCI-E video capturing cards like a 2 Avermedia Live Gamer HDs or 2 Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pros - and then just selecting them as 2 different sources in OBS for each scene?

Thanks a lot for any helpful comments,
Stefan

Harold

Not necessarily, as blackmagic makes internal and usb 3.0 devices as well. (Some of the internal cards support up to 8 inputs)
That magewell would also work fairly well.

swerft

Thank you so much @Herold

So I could just buy 2 Blackmagic PCI-E cards and OBS will detect them as 2 individual sources right?

Any suggestions for Blackmagic cards?

Harold

Generally the multiple-input blackmagic cards use SDI as their connection interface so you'll need to get converters if you want to hook up HDMI, component, svideo or composite feeds.

You could probably do what you plan to with a pair of intensity pro 4ks

DBMeed

In other news, Ive heard really good things about epiphan usb capture cards, I think they make some pcie versions as well

DBMeed

Not hijacking thread, just pointing out that I have had issues with multiple pcie capture cards, and pointing to a thread with more information about the issue. Ive given up looking for a solution, but that thread still has some good information for someone looking to put multiple pcie cards in one system.
On another note, I have gotten recently gotten a epiphan dvi2usb capture device, and it works really well-very simple installation and use. I have no reason to expect hdmi ones would work any differently, no idea on the pcie ones though.