Is it normal that recording in 30 FPS looks bad?

SAB612

Hello,
i recently tried to record something in 30 FPS. For testing purposes. When watching the recording, i noticed that the video playback does seem less than 30 FPS. Like, if i watch a YT video that has 60 FPS in 480p, it looks better. A 30 FPS recording in OBS just looks.... worse. Like the framerate does not look like 30, if i compare it to said YT videos.
Is this an issue on my end or is it just the way this FPS reduction works?
Because, if i can't do anything about it, i might consider not dropping down the framerate in order to get a better quality of the image on Twitch (6.000 kbit/s in 1080p don't look too good with H264 on 60 FPS, even 8.000 kbit/s still looks a bit blocky).

FabioMarcio

Which codec are you using? Tries to record on another HD, it may be slow when recording or recording a piece of the screen. But I would also increase that bitrate to about 15,000 to test

SAB612

Encoder is NVEC H264. Tried using 1440p (16:9) which is my native screen resolution. Also, i do use a window capture and it is not cropped in any way. I did use CQP 30 for that.

PaiSand

SAB612

Sorry for the late reply. I will post my log file soon. I sometimes record things over multiple hours that don't need that much quality. Usually, 720p 30 FPS do the job, but it does look like less than 30 FPS. My PC can handle 60 FPS and 1440p recording without many issues, so i doubt that is the issue. The original content is also 60 FPS.
Next time i do something like this, i'll provide my logfile here.