iPAD not discoverable as NDI Source; yet visible on NDI Studio Monitor

TroyAU3199

First installation/use of NDI. In order to have an iPAD visible as a source.
  • NDI sources (as an option under sources) is available. No issues there.
  • However, after adding an NDI source to the scene .... there is simply no iPad available in the dropdown. [I can see my PC as an NDI source, but not the iPad]
  • PLEASE NOTE The iPAD is visible under NDI Studio Monitor (on the same PC running OBS) - so i know it is getting through firewalls to the right machine. Hence I would think it should be available as a source.
What am i misunderstanding | missing please?
Appreciate any help - as every video i've watched the iPad should just be there in the list.
Thanks.
LOG: https://obsproject.com/logs/iMgoUavYsYbDUwPF

TroyAU3199

I have installed NDI on a secondary windows PC. Attempted to make the webcam from that PC another NDI source discoverable in OBS on the above original PC. (ie to check if the issue is particular to the iPad or other sources)

I have the same problem - the 2nd PC is also visible in NDI Studio Monitor but not within OBS NDI.

[Note - now OBS is crashing too. I'll write separate thread to that one]

Lawrence_SoCal

Ah, sorry, you did post a log (so ignore that in my other post)

Do you mean to have Game DVR on?
Sorry, I haven't reviewed NDI logs before...so I could be way off.. but log indicates NDI v4. NDI v5 was released months ago... are you sure you aren't running into a NDI version/compatibility issue?

I use a NDI camera, but one from Panasonic, and ithey have a free VirtualUSB driver so I've avoided having to deal with NDI plugin so far

TroyAU3199

Hmmm. Installed only 2days ago. Not sure how or why we think an older version?... But perhaps I'll attempt a complete uninstall - reinstall.

I dont know what you mean Lawrence by Game DVR??? What is that?. This is literally day-0 for me. Literally i've adapted no settings - clean install and then attempt to connect to Apple iPad as an NDI source.