Intermittent "soft" crashes and odd behaviour.

Mizokaya

Hi all,

I've recently been encountering an issue where when streaming or recording (doing both seems to exaggerate the issue, but does not seem like the direct cause) it will intermittently (sometimes after 7 hours, sometimes after 30 seconds *post* restarting the application) soft lock up the application and then fail to send data to twitch/continue to write data to the recording. The application does not crash or throw any warnings, but becomes unresponsive, registering clicks on the stream and record buttons but not ending the stream or recording. The only way to exit this state is forcing the application to crash out or force closing it.

This behaviour persists through restarts, reinstalls of the application, and through various levels of hardware load. It will sometimes happen during heavy GPU/CPU load, but then also happen when neither gpu or cpu are taxed (Nvenc h264/HEVC are used for streaming/recording respectively). The only repeatable elements of the issue seems to be that A) the problem is more prone to happen when recording and streaming and B) tabbing away to OBS or another application can induce it at times more frequently, though intentionally doing so to an even excessive degree fails to reproduce this behaviour.

attached are two log files of back to back sessions where this behaviour occured and caused me to have to restart the program. I've been unable to find any obvious details that would hint towards this kind of behaviour.

any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 2023-10-12 20-06-25.txt
    29.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2023-10-12 19-37-08.txt
    30.4 KB · Views: 6