Intermittent interlacing sort of issues

Braith

Hello

Here are screenshots of samples that illustrate the issue. All settings on equipment and computer with OBS are the same in both, except the bitrate as can be seen from the file names. It has the same variation with unchanged bitrate, but these were already recorded, repeatably random with multiple tests. Very strange, we have worked out a few things, each of which have subsequently disproven themselves to be the solution.
My setup consists of a PAL VHS VCR; a GTH ACE time base corrector; BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle; Windows 10 64bit; OBS 27.2.4
Shown in Windows Media Player, it looks like that during capture also. And in VLC, just the same.
20240618.16-43-46 Screenshot comparisons clear & not.jpg
It may be an issue with one of the other pieces of equipment, but I thought it was worth asking OBS if there was something obvious that they could see.
27.2.4. OBS is set to deinterlace using blend top field first, saving as MP4. I have been speaking to the manufacturers of the ACE TBC and BlackMagic, and we have been working on it for a few weeks. There is a lot more information available, but it may be irrelevant, and/or not credible due to subsequent failures. If there is something obvious that anyone can think of in relation to OBS, which the other people I have spoken to, about their equipment I am using, know little about.
I have not enquired with OBS so far as I have not paid for anything and was, and am, not sure how the help works, and if I am entitled to any.

Copied from Discord enquiry where I was redirected here, as I can leave an enquiry and come back and have a look tomorrow, and not repost every half an hour as I was told I may have to do on there.

Thank you very much, and thank you to all of the video game and streaming people who created OBS, it is so versatile and brilliant to work with, and can do things on the fly, like deinterlacing, absolutely marvellous,
Braith

Attachments

• 2024-07-01 12-23-05 OBS Log.txt
    13.5 KB · Views: 11

Braith

Hello

The problem has been solved. It was a slightly non-conforming composite signal from LG model VCRs that was causing the strange issue. We are not sure why, but we have solved it. Do not use LG brand VCRs for digitising with TBC and BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle.

Thank you,
Braith