Installer OBS with PlayOnLinux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barda_ehmos

VERY OLD THREAD: OBS-MP now works on Linux without Wine.

Well, for the moment the resume is:
-Have PlayOnLinux, download the update before install >> : http://www.playonlinux.com/en/download.html
-Download the OBS installer >>: http://sourceforge.net/projects/obsproject/files/OBS_040a_Installer.exe/download
-Run PoL >> install OBS if you can configure wine, put him for use windows 7 (i don't know what 8 do for the moment)
-Install a new version of wine (day of that post) 1.5.13
-Configure OBS with PoL for add packages :
-D3dx??

This is the begining, i need the name of all app used for OBS (like Directx, windowsexplorer, ... etc)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Direct3D 10.1-specific features will probably be where you have issues with wine. Direct3D 10.1 is the only real dependency my application has. You can see in the source code directly what I'm using.

Barda_ehmos

The problem with wine, it's i can't install dx10.1 >> dx9 / dx10 or dx11 ><
If you know the difference under 10.1 &10 I'm interested :3

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
the primary difference between 10 and 10.1 is the GDI interoperability features it gives, as well as compatibility modes for older video cards.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I honestly don't know what to tell you to get it working under linux.. Way later down the road, I will attempt to make a linux version if I can. I would like a mac version at some point too if I can ever get a mac.

zenobs

Yep, the rewritten version in Linux works fine, but yet incomplete even for those features which has been added. For instance, lack of edge blur/feather filter for chroma/color key, and some other glitches.

Trying to build windows version against wine 1.7.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
This thread is from 2012, and a Linux version of OBS-MP is available for quite some time. No need to use wine.
-Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.