Installed from Source: OBS won't run, fails with plugin and display errors.

rtroy

I tried three different scenarios to launch, two from the system console and one from a Windows system connecting in via xwindows. The former looks like a configuration issue because the fundamental issue seems to be a failure to recognize the QT platform plugin "wayland", while the latter looks like an outright bug because the ultmate cause is "malloc(): unsorted double linked list corrupted."

There's no pre-built package for my distribution, Fedora, so I installed from source using the directions found here.

The build seemed to go well, though there were some things I found a little weird about the it - someone more experienced with OBS would probably say they're normal and nothing to worry about. However, these included a significant number of compiler warnings about comparisons made in C code against different kinds of data types - mostly comparing integers of different sizes. Given the double-linked-list error, these could perhaps be caused by just this kind of problem.

When launched from the directly-attached console, from a normal terminal window or from an xterm window, it fails with:

qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "wayland" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vkkhrdisplay, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, xcb.

However, when I run it from a preferred location, using xwindows (X11), I get a different error:

QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-rtroy'
Attempted path: share/obs/obs-studio/locale/en-US.ini
Attempted path: /usr/local/share/obs/obs-studio/locale/en-US.ini
Attempted path: share/obs/obs-studio/locale.ini
Attempted path: /usr/local/share/obs/obs-studio/locale.ini
Attempted path: share/obs/obs-studio/themes/Yami.qss
Attempted path: /usr/local/share/obs/obs-studio/themes/Yami.qss
info: Using EGL/X11
info: CPU Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz
info: CPU Speed: 3600.000MHz
info: Physical Cores: 4, Logical Cores: 4
info: Physical Memory: 3847MB Total, 150MB Free
info: Kernel Version: Linux 5.14.10-300.fc35.x86_64
info: Distribution: "Fedora Linux" 35
info: Window System: X11.0 - vendor string: The Cygwin/X Project - vendor release: 11902000
info: Qt Version: 6.2.3 (runtime), 6.2.3 (compiled)
info: Portable mode: false
qt.core.qmetaobject.connectslotsbyname: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_tbar_position_valueChanged(int)
qt.core.qmetaobject.connectslotsbyname: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionShowTransitionProperties_triggered()
qt.core.qmetaobject.connectslotsbyname: QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_actionHideTransitionProperties_triggered()
Attempted path: share/obs/obs-studio/themes/Dark/no_sources.svg
Attempted path: /usr/local/share/obs/obs-studio/themes/Dark/no_sources.svg
info: OBS 28.0.1-90-g2a76ffaf0 (linux)
info: ---------------------------------
info: audio settings reset:
samples per sec: 48000
speakers: 2
max buffering: 960 milliseconds
buffering type: dynamically increasing
info: Initializing OpenGL...
error: Failed to get EGL display using eglGetDisplay
error: Failed to create context!
error: device_create (GL) failed
malloc(): unsorted double linked list corrupted

I have the full log of the build and install, if anyone wants to review them.

Thanks for any help.