Installation from snap (26.1.2-35-gbb6b1e53f + with most of the plugins and features)

Warl0rd

Hello!
You can install the latest version with most of the features
Use snap to install or use https://snapcraft.io/obs-studio for more details.

The snap of OBS studio comes pre-loaded with some extra features:

• Supports nvenc (NVIDIA) and VA-API (AMD & Intel) accelerated video encoding.
  • Advanced Scene Switcher plugin; an automated scene switcher
  • Browser plugin; CEF-based OBS Studio browser plugin
  • Directory Watch Media plugin; filter you can add to a media source to load the oldest or newest file in a directory.
  • DVD Screensaver plugin; a DVD screen saver source type.
  • Dynamic Delay plugin; filter for dynamic delaying a video source.
  • Freeze Filter plugin; freeze a source using a filter.
  • gPhoto plugin; connect DSLR cameras with obs-studio via gPhoto.
  • GStreamer plugins; feed GStreamer launch pipelines into OBS Studio and use GStreamer encoder elements.
  • Move Transition plugin; move sources to a new position during a scene transition.
  • NDI plugin; Network A/V via NewTek's NDI.
  • Replay Source plugin; slow-motion replay async sources from memory.
  • RGB Levels plugin; simple filter to adjust RGB levels.
  • Source Switcher plugin; to switch between a list of sources.
  • Spectralizer plugin; audio visualization using fftw.
  • StreamFX plugin; collection modern effects filters and transitions.
  • Text Pango plugin; Provides a text source rendered using Pango with multi-language support, emoji support, vertical rendering and RTL support.
  • Transition Matrix plugin; customize Any -> One or One -> One scene transitions.
  • VNC Source plugin; VNC viewer that works as a source.
  • Websockets plugin; remote-control OBS Studio through WebSockets.

Attachments

• v4.png
    v4.png
    304.3 KB · Views: 1,528
  • v3.png
    v3.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 1,522
  • v2.png
    v2.png
    171.1 KB · Views: 1,396
  • v1.png
    v1.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 1,339

deimidis

HEllo, I just installed this Sanp image, and I'm trying to add a custom dock (lower third, as your images) but I couldn't found the way to write the path to the file. Itś try to go to http://home etc, can you help me?

deimidis

NOw I can access to logos folder. It's my first time with snap, so maybe i'm not adding all interfaces or something

deimidis

Hello. I didn't tried it again, but what I did was to open web server in the folder with python, so then I can add localhost as a webpage to that file

jgcastror

Hi, Im trying to add the custom browser dock for the lower thirds in Linux Mint but I am lost, I am a newbie in LInux, just trying to make OBS work the same it does in Windows 10; any help will be appreciated,

deimidis

Hi, Im trying to add the custom browser dock for the lower thirds in Linux Mint but I am lost, I am a newbie in LInux, just trying to make OBS work the same it does in Windows 10; any help will be appreciated,

I made it using a local web server in the folder where I have the lower thirds files. But I didn't use it too much

stevesveryown

When adding the Animated Lower Thirds make sure you unzip the files into home/snap/obs-studio. The best way to then find the file url is to go into the Lower Thirds folder, click on the control-panel.html. It will bring up your browser. Copy the link in the address bar and paste that link into your custom dock. You can then do the same for the browser source, clicking on browser-source.html.

nbomberger

When adding the Animated Lower Thirds make sure you unzip the files into home/snap/obs-studio. The best way to then find the file url is to go into the Lower Thirds folder, click on the control-panel.html. It will bring up your browser. Copy the link in the address bar and paste that link into your custom dock. You can then do the same for the browser source, clicking on browser-source.html.
I still have images that are showing up broken. I have tried the webserver, as well as the local file which you can choose as an option in the browser source dialog. Granted, I am using it on MacOS, but its seems all is working except for the image.

Filip S

I found a solution. Just the first time I created a simple http server with python. After that dock is enable always
Uncheck the box with option local file but use file:/// before location worked for me on Linux and windows for obs 27.2.1

Sonophoto

You have to install a frickin webserver to make a "plugin" work? Lulz. Snapd? How about just use the standard features of *nix? Here's a nickel...