Question / Help "Infinity" issue! Hopefully very simple.

DFace1_2

Hi all, first post here. Have started screen capturing video presentations for teaching-from-home.

Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/6pl6rJpN9D8DgcWm

The two attached images should show you my problems. I am effectively able to do all I need with the program - capturing audio and the screen to the quality I need. But at the beginning of all of my videos I have the "infinity" issue as in screengrab1.jpg (attached). I've worked many years as a sound engineer so assumed this was a feedback issue and guessed that I could get around it by turning the visibility of the screen capture device off...but then it just captures a black screen.

Other issue is my webcam, which works fine with everything else is not being recognised (screengrab2.jpg)

Can anybody help with these problems? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• screengrab2.jpg
    screengrab2.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 22
  • screengrab1.jpg
    screengrab1.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 24

koala

Yes, this is indeed a feedback issue. If you capture the desktop with OBS, and OBS is maximized on the desktop, OBS captures a maximized OBS. It shows the preview of itself, which contains a preview of itself, ad infinitum.
The usual solution is to use 2 monitors and move OBS to a monitor you don't capture.
You can also drop display capture and instead only use window capture or game capture. This way, OBS isn't included in any capture.
You can also minimize OBS to get it out of the way and control it with hotkeys (see Settings->Hotkeys).
OBS also has a system tray icon (lower right corner on the task bar) for essential management such as start/stop recording or streaming.

DFace1_2

Thank you Koala, the hotkeys thing was what I assumed the answer would be. That's great, thank you!

Any idea why I'm not seeing the webcam feed in the box?

koala

Instead of "Device default", vary different resolution and fps combinations and see which combination might work.
Also make sure desktop apps are allowed to access the camera Windows settings->Privacy->Camera