Independent scene filters

Each scene should remember what filter (if any it has). Right now I have a webcam using an oval mask filter in one scene and no filter in another. I have to keep turning the filter on and off depending on what scene I use. This doesn't look very professional. I wish scene's remembered which filter it uses.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Right now a decent workaround for this is to add the webcam to its own scene, then add that scene as a source to the scene where you actually want it, and apply the filter to that scene-source.

I was actually going to make a new post asking about that workaround specifically before I saw this post and answer.

This method works really well for video capture devices like HDMI capture cards and webcams, but it really clutters up the Scenes area if you do some complex effects with it. Are there any plans (either in the near future or being brainstormed) to make this into less of a cluttered workaround and more of a natural feature of OBS. Perhaps a "Composite Source" feature that acts like the workaround for Scene-Sources, but doesnt treat them as Scenes themselves.