In the Beginning... Digging Out of Acronym Hell

Bobson

I found OBS while searching for training or guidance in setting up a video studio. I have set up my equipment and consider myself fairly knowledgeable in computers, but the terms are daunting—worse for me than Pig Latin. What to plug where, how to set lighting levels. Maybe I should spend hours on YouTube? I wanted to keep it simple and stupid, but I know that first impressions are lasting, so I've worked on this for the past two years, and now it is time to fly.

I wish there was a glossary of terms to refer to as I read through the forum threads. I'm attaching a few setup images and an equipment list. I would appreciate it if anyone could share how you started and what to avoid. What are the biggest mistakes you see in recording, setup, etc?

My Goal is to Broadcast on YouTube and via my Website about the positive sides of weirdness (people, places, things) and how it brings us moments of wonder. Am I in the wrong place on this site, at the wrong time, too early, or at the wrong skill level? Attitude adjustment and reality checks are welcome.

Thanks.

Bobson

Video Recording Setup

My shooting bay is about sixty inches wide and about ten feet deep. I have built three fixed blind system screen options that can be raised or lowered between green screen, white, and black. I will use them for different brands.

Lighting:

Three daisy-chained Rockville DMX 252 downward light strips connected to Rockville 192 DMX Controller. (wall lighting)
Flolight 18 Inch Bladelight (2, one for Fill and one for Key)
GMV 800D RGB Light (hair light) This and Flolight complete the three-way lighting setup.

Video:

Wall Mounted Video Display for Subject to see Presentation Content such as slides, charts, or tables
Canon EOS R10 Camera with Remote Control
Secondary Nikon Camera (for shooting side view and green screen only)

Computer Stuff:

Dell PC with Adobe Audition for Audio Recording
Dell PC with Adobe Premier Pro
Second Lower Power HP Notebook Computer with Adobe Premier Pro and Audition software (current versions)
IKAN Teleprompter

Sound:

Rode NT1 Overhead Microphone
Yamaha MG10XU Mixing Board
BOSS VE-20 Vocal Processor

Environment:
1 GIG Hardwired CAT6 Connectivity with 900 MB upload/download to ensure quality live broadcast performance

For Zoominar

Computer Audio
(use in a separate location in the office area for tutorial recording)

Audio Technica P48 Overhead Microphone
3 Nanlite LItolite 5C RGBWW LED Pocket Lights for 3-Way Lighting
2 Weeylite LED RB9 RG8W Lights for Backdrop Lighting
MEE Professional Musician Earbuds

##

Attachments

• Green_Screen_Room_General.jpg
    Green_Screen_Room_General.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Studio_Rockforce_Two_Colored_Hand_Drawn.jpg
    Studio_Rockforce_Two_Colored_Hand_Drawn.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 7