Bug Report Impossible to record the desktop on laptop with Optimus (Intel+Nvidia GPU), can't force OBS to use Intel GPU

Reonu

I have a MSI GE65 Raider 9SF. It has an RTX 2070 and an integrated Intel GPU, and Optimus can't be disabled.
I tried to record my desktop with OBS and got a black screen. I read online that it's because OBS has to be running on the Intel GPU in order to be able to record the desktop. Okay, fair enough. I forced OBS to use the Intel GPU via the Nvidia control panel... and it still runs on the Nvidia GPU (confirmed with the Nvidia tool to check which programs are using the Nvidia GPU). If I connect an external monitor, I can record that monitor, since it's hooked up directly to the Nvidia GPU. But there's no way to record the laptop's internal screen, since OBS refuses to run on anything other than the Nvidia GPU.

Any tips? tbh I feel like OBS should just include an option inside the program to choose which GPU to use. Many programs do this. Ideally it should be able to use both dynamically (so you can quickly switch between recording a game using NVENC and recording the desktop via regular software encoding for example) but maybe that's not possible idk. But i'm getting ahead of myself: I can't record the desktop at all. Help?