Question / Help Image Slide Show Resets after so many images...

darksabre

So I've got a lot of character artwork that I have in an image slide show and I tend to throw it up on my "BRB" screen for people to view. Its worked fine in the past but just awhile ago I noticed that even though there are 30 or so images in it, after the 7th one it starts over from the beginning again. I can't tell you exactly how many because it seems to change depending on what pictures are in the list. I removed the first 7 images and then it displayed 5 or 6 before starting over. It doesn't seem to make much sense why the number would change. Pretty sure all the images are PNG format. If they aren't then there may be one or two JPG format images but that shouldn't be an issue. Even so wouldn't it just skip the offending ones, not the whole thing? I took out the image that wasn't being show in case there was something specifically to do with it but the slide show still restarted. OBS is up to date. Any ideas?

Log FIle: https://obsproject.com/logs/b-lOmyDd5qAd23IY

darksabre

I wasn't aware of that but it doesn't seem to be the cause. So I just deleted out most of the pictures so right now the slide shows has 8 images in it. It will only filter through 7 of them and then starts over. The largest image is under 4 MB. So all together we're talking under 32 MB with these 8 images.

Narcogen

You've got at least one .png in that log that is failing to load, is that part of the slideshow?

00:54:10.804: Failed to open file 'C:/Users/mglas/Desktop/Ana Arias/Darksabre Gaming Digital Illustration.png': No such file or directory

In fact, there are several:

00:54:10.813: Failed to open file 'C:/Users/mglas/Desktop/Nanotech Stream Package Blue/Screens/Static/Intermission-V2 (social bar).png': No such file or directory
00:54:10.813: gs_image_file_init_internal: Failed to load file 'C:/Users/mglas/Desktop/Nanotech Stream Package Blue/Screens/Static/Intermission-V2 (social bar).png'
00:54:10.813: [image_source: 'Intermission Socials Bar'] failed to load texture 'C:/Users/mglas/Desktop/Nanotech Stream Package Blue/Screens/Static/Intermission-V2 (social bar).png'
00:54:10.814: Failed to open file 'C:/Users/mglas/Desktop/Nanotech Stream Package Blue/Screens/Static/Starting (social bar v2).png': No such file or directory
00:54:10.814: gs_image_file_init_internal: Failed to load file 'C:/Users/mglas/Desktop/Nanotech Stream Package Blue/Screens/Static/Starting (social bar v2).png'
00:54:10.814: [image_source: 'Ending Screen Socials'] failed to load texture 'C:/Users/mglas/Desktop/Nanotech Stream Package Blue/Screens/Static/Starting (social bar v2).png'
00:54:11.467: Failed to open file 'C:/Users/mglas/Desktop/Rain/tydark_transparent.png': No such file or directory
00:54:11.467: gs_image_file_init_internal: Failed to load file 'C:/Users/mglas/Desktop/Rain/tydark_transparent.png'
00:54:11.467: [image_source: 'Serena and Lilly'] failed to load texture 'C:/Users/mglas/Desktop/Rain/tydark_transparent.png'
00:54:11.470: [Media Source 'Webcam Frame']: settings:

Sadboosh

I wasn't aware of that but it doesn't seem to be the cause. So I just deleted out most of the pictures so right now the slide shows has 8 images in it. It will only filter through 7 of them and then starts over. The largest image is under 4 MB. So all together we're talking under 32 MB with these 8 images.

With this newest update it messed mine up as well. I was running a slideshow of gifs for my AFK screen and now they will not play more than 3 out of the 70. Nothing has changed to that folder in about 2 months BESIDES the update. Now even after removing everything it picks and chooses which 2-3 that it wants to play.

I'm going to look to make one single long gif and if that fails going to look for an older version of OBS since there does not seem to be a fix out there and the only information I've seen is the 250mb limit.

Sadboosh

Went back to 23.0.1 and the slide show runs just fine Darksabre. If you're not against an older version give it a shot

darksabre

I might have to try it. So I went through and fixed all but one of the "failed to open file" lines. I moved the folder that I kept a lot of my art in and on some of my unused scenes I hadn't fixed the paths yet. The only one it shows failing now belongs to a source that certainly isn't in the image slide show and I can't find it in any of the scenes either.

New Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/V4pDqOYMW4dLwPTo

What is this line? "signal_handler_connect: signal 'item_visible' not found"

I found this thread searching since I am also encountering the same issue. I have a directory of 52 images that total 238 MB, but when I create a slideshow with this directory, only the first 8 cycle through. I also tried adding all the files to the list instead of using the directory, and when I removed the first 8 from the list, the next 8 or so looped.

Attachments

• 2019-10-07 00-24-23.txt
    24.8 KB · Views: 53

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
As stated, this is intentional to prevent runaway memory use. The source will need some work to do proper pre-caching, which may come in a future OBS release.

yntheng

As stated, this is intentional to prevent runaway memory use. The source will need some work to do proper pre-caching, which may come in a future OBS release.
will image slideshow really use up a lot of memory? because as mentioned by others above, the number of images is not fixed, like mine cycles back after 30 images out of 140. and that 140 images is only 41mb. so I just delete the 29 slides when I'm at the 30th so I can show the next slides. and then it's another story to figure out again how many slides it will take to start over. it is just really inconvenient.

topgear

My workaround: Run Slideshow in xnview (disable "FullScreen" and "Always on top" in Slideshow settings) and capture the window.
Not ideal (careful not to accidentally end the slideshow) but it works.

yntheng

My workaround: Run Slideshow in xnview (disable "FullScreen" and "Always on top" in Slideshow settings) and capture the window.
Not ideal (careful not to accidentally end the slideshow) but it works.
I'll try your suggestion. Thank you.