Image Slide Show: Option for only advancing when switching to scene

datagram

Some background about my use case: I'd like to add a bit of variety to my scene layout by rotating through a set of background images, but I don't want to distract viewers/waste my bitrate on slideshow animations. Ideally, I would like an option for the image slideshow to have it advance only in the instant when the scene becomes visible.

I was hoping that combining the "Stop when not visible, restart when visible" and "Randomize Playback" options would get me the behavior I want, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "advance only in the instant when the scene becomes visible". Do you mean it should only advance once (one slide forward) when it becomes visible, and then stay on that slide until it is hidden-and-shown again?

You can setup hotkeys on an image slideshow source to play/pause it or set its slide mode to Manual and then control the next/previous slide actions with hotkeys.

datagram

Do you mean it should only advance once when it becomes visible, and then stay on that slide until it is hidden-and-shown again?

Yup, exactly. I'm planning on trying my hand at making a plugin to get this to work, but it seems very close to the functionality that the slideshow plugin already has.

You can setup hotkeys on an image slideshow source to play/pause it or set its slide mode to Manual and then control the next/previous slide actions with hotkeys.

Sure, but this is not something that I need urgently enough that I'm willing to do it manually.