Image Mask/Blend

Smokey76

Hi, I am trying to use the image mask/blend option. I was wondering if OBS comes with default images for image mask blend. I have seen on youtube that some people have an image mask file, did this come with OBS or did they create it themselves? Because I do not have any image mask files and nothing to select when I try to select a path for image mask. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Do you know where I can download image masks images?
Thank you!

FerretBomb

I believe that OBS comes with one Image Mask example, but most people will just create their own, either using alpha or a greyscale black and white PNG image created in Photoshop/Gimp/Inkscape/etc. It isn't difficult to create one, anything white will be opaque, anything black fully transparent. Shades of gray will be partly transparent based on the gray value, with brighter being more opaque.

Smokey76

Thanks everyone for you're feedback, the information you provided has been very helpful, I really appreciate all the help!

Banyarola

I believe that OBS comes with one Image Mask example, but most people will just create their own, either using alpha or a greyscale black and white PNG image created in Photoshop/Gimp/Inkscape/etc. It isn't difficult to create one, anything white will be opaque, anything black fully transparent. Shades of gray will be partly transparent based on the gray value, with brighter being more opaque.

Where is the image mask in OBS ?? I can't find it..
Thanks

FerretBomb

Where is the image mask in OBS ?? I can't find it..
Thanks
If you mean the example one, I'm not sure; it's been a while since I had a bone-stock OBS installation. I'm pretty sure there was one (there was a LUT card example in the directory too) but it may have been removed in an update, if it is no longer there.

If you mean the filter itself, it's the Image Mask/Blend filter.