Question / Help Imac Audio In Help.

djgeorgegforce

So tried my first live-stream via OBS today and I can get all the cameras and everything set-up, but could not get audio.
I'm a DJ, so want the audio source to be from my controller into OBS via my iMac (iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)

I was using a TRS to Jack plug which is what I used previously when going direct from my iPhone.. with the audio feed coming from the booth-out on the controller. I think the issue is, what I thought was a audio input on my iMac is only a headphone output, and NOT an input as I thought... so do I need some kind to USB sound card? George

DiegoLopez

So tried my first live-stream via OBS today and I can get all the cameras and everything set-up, but could not get audio.
I'm a DJ, so want the audio source to be from my controller into OBS via my iMac (iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)

I was using a TRS to Jack plug which is what I used previously when going direct from my iPhone.. with the audio feed coming from the booth-out on the controller. I think the issue is, what I thought was a audio input on my iMac is only a headphone output, and NOT an input as I thought... so do I need some kind to USB sound card? George
You are correct in your assessment. You can also try a software internal routing solution like Loobpack (paid) or other free resources that are available. I believe Loopback is the more stable option. This solution does put strain on your system. I am on an 8gb ram dual core i5 and my system struggles when DJ program, OBS, Loopback and streaming browser are open. I normally don't/can't do it smoothly. Maybe with your more powerful iMac, things would run better.