Ideal video encoder setting for me and my computer?

Suslik V

The only concern here may be the colors. You didn't posted the Advanced settings of OBS (color space, range etc.). With lossless you may want to use color format BGRA (8-bit) and Full color range. Otherwise, if you have Laserdisk source with the color bars - record it first, then check if your post processing software (or your software/hardware player + target device) can playback your converted to YUV format Rec.709 colors correctly. Disks can be of different color standards, capture card may fail to determine right one, your software players may playback 480p videos assuming old standard inside etc etc. Or just choose BGRA and forget it all.

Next, what I'd like to check (if this were I, who decided to capture these old disks), is the video source was interlaced... and is "my" capture card do the deinterlacing right (OBS also can do the job)............................ so, your journey is only begins here.

-----------------------
Also, if you planning to use this lossless RGB and convert it to mp4 with FFmpeg (via the cmd stringv I've posted few posts above) then even more options needs to be added: color conversion matrix, chroma location for h264 and maybe precise rounding for chroma planes scaling (I don't remember if last one needed on scaling down of chroma planes).

A bit hard to write for me today. Look for more info online. Also: https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/categories/guides-studio.8/ (but maybe you already know).

The only concern here may be the colors. You didn't posted the Advanced settings of OBS (color space, range etc.). With lossless you may want to use color format BGRA (8-bit) and Full color range. Otherwise, if you have Laserdisk source with the color bars - record it first, then check if your post processing software (or your software/hardware player + target device) can playback your converted to YUV format Rec.709 colors correctly. Disks can be of different color standards, capture card may fail to determine right one, your software players may playback 480p videos assuming old standard inside etc etc. Or just choose BGRA and forget it all.

Next, what I'd like to check (if this were I, who decided to capture these old disks), is the video source was interlaced... and is "my" capture card do the deinterlacing right (OBS also can do the job)............................ so, your journey is only begins here.

-----------------------
Also, if you planning to use this lossless RGB and convert it to mp4 with FFmpeg (via the cmd stringv I've posted few posts above) then even more options needs to be added: color conversion matrix, chroma location for h264 and maybe precise rounding for chroma planes scaling (I don't remember if last one needed on scaling down of chroma planes).

A bit hard to write for me today. Look for more info online. Also: https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/categories/guides-studio.8/ (but maybe you already know).
Thank you so much! I especially appreciate your help because it is hard for you to write today! Are you not feeling well? I hope whatever is going on gets better soon!