Question / Help I NEED HELP IN OBS AND RECORDING LOL

Lachata246

I'VE BEEN WORKING OBS FOREVER NOW AND I CAN'T GET IT TOO WORK. IT IS STARTING TO ANNOY ME. PLEASE HELP ME.

I'm trying to record 60fps on 1920x1080 60hz monitor. But when I record, it lags, and I watch the video after and it lags.
It is only smooth when I run it on 30fps and cap lol to 30 fps. And I don't want it at 30 fps !!!

HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Harold

remove the display capture source from your scene.
Use window capture to capture the lobby and game capture to capture the actual match

BK-Morpheus

Harold is right, but I still think this won't be enough:
17:04:56.652: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 1273 (77.9%)
17:04:56.653: ==== Recording Stop ================================================
17:04:58.799: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 503/725 (69.4%)

GPU (intel onboard) can not handle Game + OBS rendering. Make sure, the game fps are limited (just enable vsync), so you can avoid this bottleneck.
If vsync is already active and your ingame fps are limited to 60fps, your GPU is too slow.
Even with x264 Ultrafast you have some encdoding lag, so your CPU is also too slow. Not sure if Quicksync instead of x264 could help you.

Lachata246

Harold is right, but I still think this won't be enough:
17:04:56.652: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 1273 (77.9%)
17:04:56.653: ==== Recording Stop ================================================
17:04:58.799: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 503/725 (69.4%)

GPU (intel onboard) can not handle Game + OBS rendering. Make sure, the game fps are limited (just enable vsync), so you can avoid this bottleneck.
If vsync is already active and your ingame fps are limited to 60fps, your GPU is too slow.
Even with x264 Ultrafast you have some encdoding lag, so your CPU is also too slow. Not sure if Quicksync instead of x264 could help you.

I don't have Vsync?