Question / Help I can't display my second monitor

Krotex

Hi,
When I try to display my second monitor it does even show me that I can select him
Pic:
http://prntscr.com/a4uhqh
And I have another problem when I try to create a new display capture it show that I can select my main monitor but it show black screen
But when I do add existing and use one I create quite a while ago I see the screen
Anyone can help me please?

Thanks and sorry for bad English

LtStan

Ohh ok I will need to buy a new cable
By the way there is not any other way to make it show the second monitor
Because on the normal OBS it worked fine

Is there any update to this questions, as I have two monitors on two separate gpu's.
And I would like to grap some alerts from my secondary monitor.

This feature worked flawless on the old OBS (not Studio)

Harold

If you're going for twitchalerts or something like that, use the browser source instead of window capturing a browser.

WtpK14

I use a 4K tv as my second monitor and it also isn't showing up under the display and have went into the NVIDIA settings and changed it every way possible. I have it running through a HDMI cable, do I have to run my TV through a VGA cable for OBS to detect it?

Andre Mercado

I having the same issue with OBS 17.0.2 , only reads main monitor on first card, no option for second monitor plugged in to second video card. (GTX1080)

Fanoman

Kind of the same for me. I'm trying to use Virtual Display which works in OBS Classic but not in OBS Studio.

I am having this same issue, trying to record 6 monitors actually. 3 run off a gtx 1080 and the other 3 run off a gtx 960. I only get the display for the three monitors plugged into the 1080, not the three into the 960. Is there anyway to access all 6 at the same time as a display, without just capturing windows.

errantspark

I'm confused about this, I have in the past been able to capture all three of my monitors one of which isn't on my main GPU. This was maybe two weeks ago, I have since installed Windows 10 (previously 7) and I am now unable to capture anything but my main display. If you don't believe me I still have the old HDD with Win 7 and I can boot it and demonstrate OBS capturing a monitor on a secondary graphics card. Very curious to figure out what's going on here.

I having the same issue with OBS 17.0.2 , only reads main monitor on first card, no option for second monitor plugged in to second video card. (GTX1080)

This is now my issue as well, where I can't even capture the second monitor connected to the same GPU.

Osiris

On that Windows 7 setup you probably have Aero disabled? It could just be a limitation of Aero which can't be turned off on Win 8 and up.

dos4gw

Hi all, I found a workaround for this, give it a try. I'm not sure why it worked for me, I have a simple laptop + external LCD setup though so it might not work for yall with 6 monitors.

Install an old version, it works fine. You can choose which monitor to display as per usual:

1551443121323.png

This shows my laptop display and my external 24" LCD. They're both 1080p. The latest version only showed my laptop display.

Go to https://www.videohelp.com/software/Open-Broadcaster-Software/old-versions for an old version. I used Jan '17 version 17.0.2 and it seems to be fine.

plur
dos

DavidF

Its pretty ridiculous that an older version does what we need and even worse that the standard excuse is that OBS can only record displays attached to the GPU its installed to. The older version pointed out here proves that it once worked and now does not. Why?

Please escalate this issue (its been around a long long time) and HELP! I also have a laptop and additional external display connected. My display setting is set to Duplicate. I always keep the laptop display closed and only use the external display. So, I'd rather NOT have to change my display setting to Extend. Why is it so difficult to allow us to choose a second display? I won't pretend to know or understand the technical challenges but I'm sure there must be a way to properly implement this (actually RE-implement this) so that OBS identifies a second display and allows us to choose it.

Please, this should be addressed OR at least just say officially that you do not intend to fix it.

Thanks