html hyperlink in obs

Rod Jenkins

I have set up my OBS, and OBS with stream elements, I can now use tipping, BUT I can only have the hyperlink set on my twitch page, which is all good and fine. BUT what if I don't use twitch? sure I can put text in, but a hyperlink would be novel, then even if twitch goes down, (as if) I can still get donations

lelando

Currently, there are no video formats that I know of (certainly no common ones) that can contain hyperlinks in and of themselves. When you see a hyperlink in a video, it's being added by the player, and it's probably on a proprietary platform &/or has been added on as a layer on top of the video after the fact. It is currently impossible to export a video signal that works everywhere and have any sort of built-in hyperlinks. Sorry, it's just not in the current technology. Go forth! Invent a video format that can contain built-in hyperlinks that becomes ubiquitous! Seriously, that would be so cool!

malibugraphics

I have set up my OBS, and OBS with stream elements, I can now use tipping, BUT I can only have the hyperlink set on my twitch page, which is all good and fine. BUT what if I don't use twitch? sure I can put text in, but a hyperlink would be novel, then even if twitch goes down, (as if) I can still get donations

im trying to create a news host on greenscreen, placed on bottom left, floating over an html background thats Users can click and control. Help!

malibugraphics

Currently, there are no video formats that I know of (certainly no common ones) that can contain hyperlinks in and of themselves. When you see a hyperlink in a video, it's being added by the player, and it's probably on a proprietary platform &/or has been added on as a layer on top of the video after the fact. It is currently impossible to export a video signal that works everywhere and have any sort of built-in hyperlinks. Sorry, it's just not in the current technology. Go forth! Invent a video format that can contain built-in hyperlinks that becomes ubiquitous! Seriously, that would be so cool!
im trying to create a news host on greenscreen, placed on bottom left, floating over an html background thats Users can click and control. Help!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
You cannot embed a clickable link in your video broadcast. That's not a feature of any video codec or container I know of. Such a feature would have to be made possible by the platform you stream to.