All Versions How to split, exclude, seperate Audio sources off your stream or recording [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am writing the 30th of August 2017 and I found an alternative method to split the audio. You will need this:

• First: you have to download: Virtual Audio Cable. You can find the software here: (http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm). This software allows you to create a virtual player device in your Windows OS.
  • Second: you have to download: Audio Router. You can find the software here: (https://github.com/audiorouterdev/audio-router). This software allows you to manipulate the Windows Audio Mixer so you can set every APP to a different player device. For example League of Legends will sound in Default Player Device and at the same time in my Virtual Player Device. Then Discord will sound only in the Default Player Device.
  • Third, once you set that, you can just configure priority audio options in OBS but I dont recomend that. Instead I recomend to set all options in "Disabled" and then create you Scenes and here add a new "player device" and choose, following my example, the Virtual Player Device. If you do that, you can stream your game and speak in discord, but in the stream only will sound the League of Legends and not the Discord.

You also can use this to split several audio devices, and make a lot of things like hear music in Headset and your game in Speakers. Or the sound of a movie via HDMI in your TV and your game sound in your Headset. The limit is your imagination.

Let me warn you that this system is currently imperfect, since when you close your APP, the Audio Router lose your configuration and if you open it again, the APP will sound only in the Default Player Device. So for example in League of Legends you should configurate the Audio Router everytime you start a new game. I hope the developers fix it in the future. also you can find similar software to Virtual Audio Cable and Audio Router but those are the best i tried.

Finally I am not english-speaking, so I hope you can forgive me if I made a mistake.

Attachments

• VirtualAudioCable.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Line 1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 168

Deathwish

Preface: I'm on my phone while driving so I haven't read this entire thread yet. Please forgive me.

Is there a way to exclude discord while I'm recording my games? I figured out how to exclude it from recording my mic (that was easy). I want OBS to record just audio and video of the gameplay.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Yes, you use Voicemeeter as your default playback device. Game sound goes there, and you let OBS record Voicemeeter.
In Discord you set the output to your Headset/Speakers and finally in Voicemeeter you activate the output to your Headset/Speakers, so you can hear them both.

haizayah

Hi RJ. Thanks for this amazing tutorial. As voicemeter is only available for windows. please is there an alternative for mac? I have macbook pro 16gig. Thank you

muddauber

It's not exactly true that you cannot separate audio sources that lack options for setting their audio output device. It's not a convenient process, but there is a workaround.

If you have iTunes for instance, you can't choose your playback device. However, you can set up Voicemeeter as your default device in Windows, then switch the Windows default to your headphones, open iTunes, then switch the Windows default device back to Voicemeeter. iTunes will have recognized your headphones as the default playback device, allowing you to bypass Voicemeeter and exclude it from your stream.

Bashstix

For those of you who use Chrome I found this neat extension that works well to select different source for browser audio

Audio Pick

You do have to refresh your browser for it to work right, but so far good results. Not sure on Firefox, cause I dont use that browser.

Riley_9

The stereomix forwards the sound to the front port where you mix in TeamSpeak/Mumble. From your explanation you got that working. Now in OBS you just select the Microphone for Auxillary/Mic input, TS/Mumble will use the same. And thats about it.
Double check that listen to is only active on the stereomix, and the correct device is selected in the dropdown. No other recording device should have listen to active

shani ace

It seems like a picture is missing from the Voicemeeter guide, I definitely can't set it up to exclude Spotify without that missing piece of info...
Does anyone here know how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.