Question / Help How to reduce stream lag?

I'm a new streamer on twitch. I play cs:go and gambling sites on my iMac.
Of course I have no idea how to adjust the settings correctly in OBS to create an optimal streaming experience for my viewers. This is why I'm asking you guys.
Viewers complain about laggy streams and ask if I'm playing on a toaster.
I have no in game lag tho.

At this moment I set my bitrate at 1200 and 48 fps.
Look at the screenshots for more information.
Schermafbeelding 2016-02-22 om 20.37.12.png
Schermafbeelding 2016-02-22 om 20.35.52.png
Schermafbeelding 2016-02-22 om 20.38.45.png

Chidorin

it's hard to say cause what I see is ok. May be slow cpu (but I really don't think so) , may be networking problems. I had stream lagging every 2 seconds it was packet loss 15-40%, so I switched from wifi to ethernet. Also I can recommend to check your speed to the place where twitch server is, just check host and enter the city you use

Oh the host may be the problem yes. I live in Antwerp, Belgium and my host is in Paris, France xD
And I use ethernet so... thanks for responding, I'll check in to the host thingy.
But are the bitrates and stuff good for streaming First Person Shooters?

it's hard to say cause what I see is ok. May be slow cpu (but I really don't think so) , may be networking problems. I had stream lagging every 2 seconds it was packet loss 15-40%, so I switched from wifi to ethernet. Also I can recommend to check your speed to the place where twitch server is, just check host and enter the city you use

Chidorin

bitrate and preset influence quality, maximum bitrate for non-partnered twitch users is 2000-2200, presets fast and veryfast are used mostly. FPS game streams tend to be pixelated because of fast motions so you have to increase bitrate, use more cpu for encoding but as I can understand just set up to have smooth gameplay with best quality you can(not harming the game) if you want to have clean stream(not pixilated) just buy 2 computer for encoding