Question / Help How to RAISE canvas resolution

tubular2

Ok here is a basic system setup that I'm running-

Gaming PC:
I game at 1440p on my main 1440 monitor
I also have two other 1920x1200 monitors on this system, but they are not being cloned to the capture card below

Streaming PC:
I clone the above 1440p signal (from my gaming rig) through to my Elgato 4k60 Pro MK.2 in my streaming PC
Monitor 1 on streaming PC is 1920x1200
Monitor 2 on streaming PC is 1920x1080
OBS doesn't seem to want to let me set my base (canvas) resolution to anything higher than 1920x1200 on my streaming PC. I want my base (canvas) resolution to be 1440p. I'm sure I'm just missing some small little setting somewhere (that I'm sure is super obvious).

Can someone tell me how to set my base (canvas) resolution on my *streaming* PC to a higher resolution than either of the monitors that are actually connected to that system?

Thanks sooooooooo much!

tubular2

Well, I tricked my streaming pc into thinking it has a 1440p monitor by temporarily plugging it in over there. Then I was able to manually increase my base and output resolutions to 1440p. Now I just have to make sure to never ever change those values as I would have to reconnect the monitor, lol.

I'm sure there is a simpler way to do this, however, if anyone knows it.

tubular2

You can manually type in the resolution.
I tried that, it won't let you manually type in a higher resolution than it detects your monitors are capable of.

In other words, this is not a solution but I thank you for the suggestion.

koala

For me, it works. You can manually enter arbitrary resolutions, just ignore the dropdown. If it doesn't work for you, you either tried the wrong input field, or you have outputs open. Stop any recording, streaming, ndi source or virtual webcam.
1583323680600.png

Dihelson

I tried that, it won't let you manually type in a higher resolution than it detects your monitors are capable of.

In other words, this is not a solution but I thank you for the suggestion.

That's strange. It works for me typing the desired resolution.