How to output to an HDMI Output?

twindux

IF I understand your question....when the external HDMI device connected, right click on the preview screen, pull to "full screen projector" then pull to the device you want to output to.

PDX Couch Tour

I'm trying to do the same thing. For now, I'm trying to input the HDMI output into another systems capture device to use as a Zoom camera/mic. Ultimately, I'd like to send the signal to some Teradek gear, as well. I tried the projector program output. Haven't completely troubleshot it yet, but so far it seems OBS doesn't recognize the connected device as a "projector" option to select. I'm using a 2013 imac with thunderbolt to HDMI connection to PC laptop with HDMI to USB 3.0 capture device.

rikko

I use the plugin obs-ndi and the tool "NDI Studio Monitor" for this. Can be set up on the same computer or on different ones.

twindux

No you can't go HDMI to HDMI....but you can go

>> HDMI on source computer to
>> Capture device to
>> USB on OBS computer.

I do this all the time....(usually outputting a Keynote presentation on my external computer into OBS) as for the capture device, I've used Elgato HD60S+, CamLInk 4K and a cheap capture card at https://www.amazon.com/ZasLuke-Capture-Capture-Record-Playstation-Switch/dp/B08KP6N5BN

EDIT: Looks like they bumped the price up on the Zasluke device. I got it for about $30. In any event, it works really well.

Terrence02

Is there a way I can get obs programme output to display on easyworship on a separate laptop. I've been on this for a while. Any suggestions?

TerraCrusher

@ghostman90215 It is actually a way. I am doing it myself, for broadcasting live tv over a fixed UHF/VHF frequency (old school tv). So the way to do it is to connect your projector or any machine to your computer, then:

-Right-Click you desktop and go to "Display Settings" Or "Screen Resolution"

- Check if you have 2 monitors connected and change "Duplicate these displays" to "Extend these displays", and make sure that the monitor with the number one is your monitor, not your projector. You can check by clicking on the "Identify" button.

-Go to obs and right click => Output to projector (fullscreen) and choose your projector.

Hope I helped you and sorry for the late reply, I just found it the other day.

htmlron

Hello, is there a way to send the stream instead to youtube(as i did until now) to an hdmi Port on the PC?

BernLeckie

This is also a live issue for me - right clicking on something in the program window to output to projector only seems to put that item out to the projector, not the full scene or other scenes when switched. On top of that, I found that pressing hotkeys to show/hide layers didn't just fail to display those layers on the projector, but added a lovely alert sound to the output as well! For various reasons, I'm only wanting to use OBS to create a program which goes into one input of an ATEM Mini Pro which does the streaming, but I'm wondering if OBS can do this at all...???

BernLeckie

UPDATE: I think I just worked out why this happened for me - my error... On right clicking in the program window there are two similar looking options for sending material to the projector - Preview (at the top on this example menu) and Source (near the bottom). I probably accidentally sent the Source to the projector, so only saw one webcam on my output even though I was switching between cameras and saw that and other graphics on my OBS preview window.

What I needed to do was select Fullscreen Projector (Preview) instead.

For anyone reading this who wants to complete the job and make sure sound goes down the HDMI as well, I found that needed a lot of fiddling to make sure the relevant sources were set to output to the preview (check in Advanced Audio Settings) and that the defined preview destination also had sound enabled and unmuted in the operating system.

Hope that helps!

Screenshot 2022-09-11 at 15.31.09.png

ABD.kh

guys pls helpppppppppppp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i need a way to output OBS from my pc and input it to my android phone
i was trying for a while using capture cards from HDMI to USB C
but i couldn't find a way to set it up in the OBS to outputing to the HDMI cable
any idea or better way to do it
the reasen is to go live streaming through my phone using OBS benefits