Question / Help how to: multi input audio interface ?

kfrm

want to use my RME Fireface UCX as input device, ideally with multiple inputs mixed into OBS.

how do you use multiple inputs through audio interface that sport that, with OBS?

kfrm

sorry forgot to mention, on MacOS here, the interface has native support, no additional drivers used.

Narcogen

Look at LoopBack by Rogue Amoeba. OBS is a stereo program and doesn't work directly with multichannel audio devices. LoopBack can let you create multiple virtual devices and you can add your multichannel hardware to it and manually route the channels you want.

RME Support

Or put your RME device in Class Complaint mode (CC), if available. For the UCX it's available. See the manual how to do this.

kfrm

Solved my setup issues with Loopback, very straightforward, but good to know the UCX has CC mode :-) thanks all!

3theory

Solved my setup issues with Loopback, very straightforward, but good to know the UCX has CC mode :-) thanks all!
Can you tell me how you accomplished this? I've been trying to separate out my audio in OBS using Loopback but the only input I can find for each Source is when you choose which device and I only see one "Loopback" as an option. Loopback seems to be summing all my outputs into one stereo feed. Thanks for your help!

Narcogen

LoopBack can create as many virtual devices as you want, and those can include as many hardware devices as you want. It only creates one by default, called LoopBack, that's why OBS only sees one if you haven't created more.

You need to create separate devices, and then either have applications be assigned to them, or configure applications to send to them.

nailmusic

Having the same issues, trying to stream a mixed multi instrument performance (audio) from a Presonus Mixer. A functional test of loopback looks like it solves this issue completely. Will do a full systems test later and report back if there any additional problems. Thanks for the heads up.

Matty Balaam

I’ve also had this trouble with OBS not recording from RME devices unless in CC mode, Loopback seems like it works great using the full driver.

digitahl

Hi, I just downloaded loopback on my Mac, added my Behringer umc1820 as an input source , routed the input Chanel 3 to output 3 and checked in the obs Advanced Audio settings if channel 3 is activated. Unfortunately I still don’t get the signal from my umc 1820 channel I input. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

shadebug

Realise this thread isn't particularly fresh but thought I'd show you what I did in Loopback.

I've set up my Steinberg UR44C so each of the 4 mic pres has its own device which has to be set up as a separate audio input source in OBS.
You can see here that the third one is just taking input 3 to output 1. In OBS I then just mix to mono so it sends it to both ears. I could also skip that step by dragging 3 to both 1 and 2 but I'll burn that bridge if I ever get to it.
Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 18.00.17.png

Chalice.Av.Tech

The UFX HAS a built in loopback function. This works fine in Zoom and other software; however OBS still does not receive audio from the RME when outputs 1 & 2 are looped back as inputs. It's a shame, because there are plenty of scenarios where a number of inputs to a digital mixer would be desirable as inputs to OBS, at different levels and treatments from what is used "in the room." The inability to address a multichannel device is a real shortcoming.

patmos

Thank you . You saved me all that pain. I was trying to use UMC 1820+ ADA8200 to no avail in OBS

Realise this thread isn't particularly fresh but thought I'd show you what I did in Loopback.

I've set up my Steinberg UR44C so each of the 4 mic pres has its own device which has to be set up as a separate audio input source in OBS.
You can see here that the third one is just taking input 3 to output 1. In OBS I then just mix to mono so it sends it to both ears. I could also skip that step by dragging 3 to both 1 and 2 but I'll burn that bridge if I ever get to it.
View attachment 59173