How to monitor and output audio simultaneously?

JLW

Running latest OBS Studio on Windows laptop; recording locally, not streaming.
Need to send output to TV in another room.
Can send via HDMI to the TV using preview, but cannot have sound on TV and monitor by headphones at the same time.
If audio is on the TV I cannot hear in the headphones; if monitoring by headphones then the TV is silent.
Is there a way to monitor audio locally and also have sound on HDMI feed to the TV?

WVDave99

I am having the same problem while streaming.

Here's what I have found. I go to the Advanced Sound Settings for the Desktop Audio. I selected Monitor and Output and still get no sound over my desktop speakers. But this is where it gets weird. If I select Monitor Off, and then select Monitor and Output a second time, it works perfectly. But as soon as I change screens and come back, no sound again, unless I uncheck and then recheck Monitor and Sound.

Here's the Log Info:

WVDave99

I've discovered something. I know we are supposed to stay updated with the newest version, but I uninstalled Version 26 and installed the latest Version of 25. When using 25, the monitor and output feature works perfectly. Hope this helps.

JLW

I fixed my original problem by connecting a hardware audio extractor in series with the HDMI output line.