How to load python scripts to OBS Studio

guava01

I'm using OBS 26.0.2 on a Mac and I cannot load python script to OBS. I used the Tools/Script and click the '+' and tried to navigate to my python script but it is greyed out. Only Lua scripts are allowed.

According to the document (https://obsproject.com/docs/scripting.html) "To use Python on windows, you must download and install Python 3.6.x “x86-64” for OBS 64bit (64bit is the default), or Python 3.6.x “x86” if using OBS 32bit. Then, in the scripting dialog, you must set the path to the Python 3.6.x install in the “Python Settings” tab".

But there's no "Python Settings" tab on OBS as you can see from my screen grab.
Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 9.13.19 PM.png

oro

Python scripting support was removed in OBS v26 for (imho) silly reasons. You can still use scripts with OBS 25.0.8 on macOS just fine.

daniellelyra

FYI .. this pull request on github will restore Python support to OBS for macOS.

I know this is old but made an account for this....did this ever get made? it looks like it's closed down but a few years later and VScode now won't run 3.6 at all and I'm just trying to get track and zoom scripts to work. Very much a noob learning everything from scratch but it feels like the latest version of OBS should be functional with latest python (but I guess not)