Question / Help How to hide cursor in window capture

Beyonder626

hello , i want to hide cursor in window capturing , there is no function of it in the properties when creating it
Screenshot_3.jpg

koala

With some type of windows, it's not possible to hide the mouse pointer. It's a Windows thing, nothing OBS can do about.
Be happy: in previous OBS releases, it wasn't possible to capture these types of windows at all.

Nabskiboy

With some type of windows, it's not possible to hide the mouse pointer. It's a Windows thing, nothing OBS can do about.
Be happy: in previous OBS releases, it wasn't possible to capture these types of windows at all.
I have a fix to that tho. Try putting the window you wanna capture in the other display (just dont put it in the same display where you use your OBS). In that way, your mouse will less likely to be captured. But, the downside, you need to put another display which will use some resources. Hope this helps though. :)

polanski

I have the same problem. Want to stream a Chrome window and on this new version it is not possible. Earlier version of OBS this was not an issue. Can this be fixed??

Can we download the previous version somewhere?

Zeros.81

Double click on your window source and change "Capture method" to BitBlt an then uncheck "Capture Cursor"

Note if you use this method you must disable "Hardware accelleration" in Google Chrome.

BoscoChungYT

If you want to capture Chrome window, go to Chrome settings > Use hardware acceleration when available [OFF]
then you're good to go

FIZO

This solution worked for me, hope it helps:

dataDave

Right-click your capture source > Properties > uncheck Capture Cursor.

Ignore me... I should be sleeping instead.