How to get rid of the taskbar?

Chicken_Cranberry

I'm creating this thread to ask or request assistance with OBS Studios, specifically recording and what I was wanting was to learn if there's an easier way how to capture or record my display without my Windows taskbar being shown at the bottom of my recordings, please if anyone could help that would be appreciated, and a random note to keep is that I'm currently on or am using Windows 10.

Attachments

• Screenshot (455).png
    Screenshot (455).png
    271 KB · Views: 34

Blackink

Have you tried going into the taskbar settings by right clicking on the taskbar and select Taskbar settings. In the new window that opens, the second selection down from the top " Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode", make sure that is On.
What that does is make the taskbar slide "down" when your curser is not near it.
The taskbar will pop back up when you put the curser down near it, providing it's located at the bottom of your monitor screen.

Chicken_Cranberry

I don't want to hide my taskbar since I want it for convenience in switching or opening other programs, I wanted to know how to transform the video in sources to cut out the Windows taskbar but I'm having issues with editing the video frame.

Blackink

Select the monitor in the Sources box, uncheck it so the lock is unlocked. The screen should now have a red border around it.
Put your curser at the middle bottom of the red square so it turns to a double arrow pointing up and down and press the Alt key on your keyboard.
OBS window capture.png

Now left click and drag the bottom of the window up to clear the taskbar. You should see a green line moving up on the bottom of the window as you move the curser up.
OBS window cropped.png

This should hide the taskbar in your recordings but still show on YOUR desktop.

Was this what you were looking for?