How To Execute a Specific Effect Live

davejayfromnyc

At the beginning of my livestream broadcast, I'd like to begin with pre-recorded stock animated footage of a theater curtain opening, to reveal me appearing live on camera.

What must I have behind the curtain, so that when it opens, I can automatically be there?

Thank you.

At the beginning of my livestream broadcast, I'd like to begin with pre-recorded stock animated footage of a theater curtain opening, to reveal me appearing live on camera.

What must I have behind the curtain, so that when it opens, I can automatically be there?

Thank you.

This is simple to create.

1. Create the animation with alpha channel. Transparent background, got it? And render as QuickTime with Animation Codec with Alpha. You should see RGBA on the render settings to render the QuickTime Movie. a format .mov

2. Take a screen capture of the first frame of the Animation. Place that frame on a scene. Make sure it has the same resolution of the animation the still of the first frame.

3. On the second scene in OBS, place the animation on top of any other video or camera source. Make sure the animation does not loop.

4. If you click on the first scene. The animation or the still is there.

When you click on the second scene the animation will play automatically. Not open settings in OBS and go to the Shortcut and find both scenes and enter a key to scene 1 and scene 2 where the animation is. Use a unique keyboard combination like Shift+1 and Shift+2 for the second scene.

Got it? More on my channel about controlling anything with OBS in YouTube

Best,

InteractiveDNA