How to create a Pomodoro Counter in OBS

xwharton

Hello to everyone within the OBS community.

Objective:
I want to create a Pomodoro counter in OBS that can act as an overlay while I am filming my study videos.
I currently have a widget count down timer by a company called Pomello, however, I want an overlay that I can place as a lower third continuous animation.

What is Pomodoro?
The Pomodoro Technique is a time management method developed by Francesco Cirillo in the late 1980s. The technique uses a timer to break down work into intervals, traditionally 25 minutes in length, separated by short breaks. Each interval is known as a pomodoro, from the Italian word for 'tomato', after the tomato-shaped kitchen timer that Cirillo used as a university student.

I was inspired by a "Study with me" video from the Thrive Studies channel where the post-produced version had a timer overlay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cv0kCB59J4

I would appreciate any help I can get. Or if there is a way to create a transparent text overlay countdown timer, that will work as well.

FerretBomb

You can likely use a third-party app called Snaz to do this; OBS does not have any timer/countdown/clock functions built in though.

If you want a lower-third 'widget', you could likely also create it as a webpage with CSS animation over time, if you are skilled with web development, and add it as a Browser Source. It'd potentially be a lot prettier than the Snaz countdown, but will require more geekery on your end to accomplish, and we will not be able to assist as it is outside the scope of OBS support.