Question / Help How to connect WIFI camera to OBS?

shadango

Hi all...new to the forum and not really experienced in streaming configurations, and am hoping for some help.

I am using a Sony X70 camera (LOVE IT!) and have a stream going from it to my PC via WIFI.

I am able to get the stream to display in VLC, but was unable to get that to then connect to VIMEO, which is my ultimate goal. To get the stream to come up in VLC I am using "udp://@:8080" on the camera. It comes thru great in VLC, but cannot connect to Vimeo with it...

Someone suggested I try OBS...version 24.0.3.......seems like a really cool program, and I can stream video files on my PC very readily with it to Vimeo....but for the life of me I cannot seem to figure out how to make the connection between my Sony X70 WIFI stream and OBS....I have a very old cheap webcam and that does show up and can be streamed.....

Do I need a plugin or something so I can connect to my WIFI camera?

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance folks.

Last edited:

shadango

So just in case anyone else is trying this.....I found the fix on YouTube.

Out of the box, OBS and VLC apparently cannot talk to each other....you need a plugin called NDI Tools.

Once that plug in was installed, it was easy peasy and it works great!

Here is the link in case anyone else is looking to do the same thing, using a Sony x70 camera on WIFI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr-rAAqVMa0

FerretBomb

If VLC is installed correctly and to the default location, you can add a VLC Video Source natively inside OBS, no need for the NDI plugin. Handy to have the alternative workaround, though.

parminder

If VLC is installed correctly and to the default location, you can add a VLC Video Source natively inside OBS, no need for the NDI plugin. Handy to have the alternative workaround, though.

I was having problems hmm lots problem with VLC source audio functionality so that's why I choose NDI approach.

for example, if we try to restream a Facebook live video using VLC Source there will be no audio at all

Why I don't like to use VLC source in OBS but VLC Player via NDI

So just in case, anyone else is trying this.....I found the fix on YouTube.

Out of the box, OBS and VLC apparently cannot talk to each other....you need a plugin called NDI Tools.

Once that plugin was installed, it was easy peasy and it works great!

Here is the link in case anyone else is looking to do the same thing, using a Sony x70 camera on WIFI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr-rAAqVMa0

Thanks, Shadango for posting my video link here.

Thanks all :)