Question / Help How to configure for Icecast2 streaming

jfortuna

Hi everybody!! I'm new using OBS Studio, it was love at first sight from the start. I'm using it for making some tutorials, and someone in my office ask me to configure it for streaming. I'm trying to do so, I success configuring it for audio streaming with some other software like MIXXX and Icecast2 is working fine (I'm new for Icecast too). The last week I try to configure OBS so I can stream through OBS-ICECAST, but I can't!! I saw many tutorials, read documentation, try many configurations with different options, but I can't make it work.

Maybe someone can help me with this topic.

I forgot to tell you that I'm using the linux version 22.0.2 on a Mint 17.3 (Rosa) based on Ubuntu 14.04.5 (Trusty) LTS version.

Thank you very much and I have to apologize for my english, but I'm not a native speaker. Thank you!!

Tormy

it seems no one cares, when related streaming with OBS and Icecast. Because any topic opened, about this, doesn't receive any solid feedback.
Which disappoints me a lot, knowing that one can stream video as well, with Icecast.
Perhaps people is only focused in gaming, and not interested in advanced features.

Here something about. Even if to be able to read the streaming you need VLC.
Yes, OBS can stream on WebMas well, but after 20 second crashes. I opened a topic about: no one answered till now.

Marlow

Streaming audio seperately would make a whole lot of sense, especially for IRL / mobile streams. You could basically stream the channel audio back to the person hosting the stream.

It should be easy enough to grab the combined stream mix and then send it off to an icecast stream. I'll have a look at, what I can dig up.

/M

Goundski

I agree, for such a good product such as OBS to not include such a basic feuture is beyond me.
I jump between video and just audio streams deppending on the type of show I am doing and somtimes even need to connect to other shows as a guest. This cuases me to have to configure and maintaint sevral applications.
Would love to only use OBS for everything.