How to adjust opacity of a scene based on microphone input, and have it linger

DiggeryK

Hi, I'm trying to create a StarCraft 1 style unit portrait, and am facing some issues.
There are two scenes. An Idle scene and a Talking scene. I want the Talking scene to go from 0 to 100 opacity when I'm talking, and for it to stay at 100 for several seconds after I stop talking. I'd like to to be a binary switch, as in, no easing from 0-100. I've managed this, but the opacity keeps flickering between 100 and 0 too quickly. I need it to retain 100 opacity for longer than no time.

Here's an example I streamed the other day. You can see how choppy the portrait is. It would be a lot better if I could have the opacity maintain 100 by any means for a few seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otR-_CzO2Mo&ab_channel=DiggeryK

Thanks in advance

AaronD

The Advanced Scene Switcher can do that:
1691154274112.png

1691154289727.png

This has some hysteresis / deadband, in addition to the timer for quiet, and switches scenes automatically. I unchecked the boxes on the left to keep them from actually running for me; you'll need to keep them checked if you want them to work.

Or if you want to just remove a single element from a scene:
1691154488573.png

1691154575165.png

This example also shows a reference to the first condition, instead of its own independent one. This allows a single adjustment to affect both, but you can't have the hysteresis.