Question / Help How much dose 5Mbps Upload can make Bitrate ?

Adamxd

i am having problems with my bitrate it keeps fluctuating i only wanna keep it stable at 3000 or 2500 but it always drops under 2000 to 1700 or 1800 and it keeps playing between 2000 and 3000 it barely gets close to 2500+ my connection is always stable at 5.30 upload speed unfortunately in my area there is only 5 mbps am really committed and disappointed
My pc Spec : 1080ti, 9700k , 16gb 3466mhz
i use new NVENC H.264, Enforce streaming.... , CBR , 3000 bitrate tried 2500 still dose the same thing, Quality, Profile High, Keyframe 2 , maxbframe 2 ,
any help would be helpful :/

Twitch Bandwidth Test :
https://gyazo.com/03c4758ff230f71268a813ea2715175a

it seems completely fine but my stream KB/S is always jumping random numbers

Tarumes

Hello

please post a logfile
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/please-post-a-log-with-your-issue-heres-how.23074/

Please try to include a recording/streaming session when you experience problems while streaming or recording,
as OBS only writes important performance data during recording or streaming sessions.

If you have solved your problem yourself, please let the others know how you did it If someone else has the same problem,
he will find your post, read it through, is no step closer to solving it, and has wasted some time.

Adamxd

i sit my bitrate to 2500 it goes to 4000 3500 wtf ? and if i put it 2000 or 1500 it goes 500
i dont understand my upload speed is 5.30 mbps stable i never tested my internet and it dropped the 5 its always above can someone please help me here ...

Dimmizer

Are you the only one using the internet? If other people are streaming Netflix or other various network related tasks it can affect your connection especially since most ISP companies give asymmetrical connections meaning your upload and download are shared so if people are watching Netflix and doing other things it'll affect your upload as well.

Generally when streaming you can only use about 25% of your upload or so... I'm seeing you are streaming at 720p 60 FPS which requires at least 4500 bit rate, you'll need to change it to 30 FPS and then in your video settings change it so you're using Lanczos (Sharpend scaling, 36 samples) should help quality a bit more.

Dimmizer

Something else I'm seeing also I must of looked over it was it looks like you are using the NVEC encoder which is done by your graphics card and generally using a graphics card for encoding requires higher bit rates in order to get better quality so you could try x264 encoder which would be CPU encoding and then try to change the quality preset to Fast like so

Clipboard01.png

Adamxd

yes am the only one and the router is in my room and i have the WIFI turned off
so you are saying i should put it to 4500bit ? but am new to twitch and i know that twitch limits me to 3500 any way it dosent work at 3500 neither 4000... i tried 30 fps and every single option ... it dosent work .. its weird its the same 30 or 60 or anything else... if i have to talk to my ISP what should i tell them i cant stream for 3000 bitrate who would understand that : ?

Last edited:

Adamxd

so i did what you told me i put 3000Bitrate, Fast , 32 samples , 30FPS. 1280x720, the first 30 seconds it stays on 3000 after that it jumped down to 2000 then 3200 then 2200 then 1800 it keeps playing ...
now if i set my bitrate to 2500 ,Quailty , new NVEC encoder , 30 fps , 32 samples it stays stable with no frame drops but it goes down to 2000 and it bumps up sometimes to 3200 even though i sit it to 2500, now if i launch a game it goes down to 1600 sometimes or lower thats why , am confused if its my computer and whats better for me a 264 or NVEC

Dimmizer

I'd say use 264 not NVEC, NVEC requires higher bit rate to get better quality the problem is you're going to use more CPU to encode your stream but since you don't have the internet to support a higher bit rate and quality is what you're looking for then x264 is gonna be ur only option unless your ISP can give you more upload..

as for the jumping around that's on Twitches side... I have my bit rate set to 6000 but even still I jump between 5500 and say 6300 or so it just depends. Twitches servers tell your machine how much bit rate is required during specific intervals which is determined based on what it is you're doing. Game that have a lot of movement IE: APEX Legends or Overwatch n such like twitchy based shooters are going to use more data because there's more stuff going on that needs to be processed where as if you're playing league of legends it's not as intensive on the stream and would be better.

Dimmizer

as for bit rate ur gonna be stuck using 2500-3000ish to have a more stable connection, even tho you have 5k upload you can't use all of it because you need room incase you get those spikes like you're mentioning otherwise you're going to buffer and people watching ur stream are gonna see the spinning circle because ur stream is trying to keep up.

Dimmizer

technically you can stream using NVEC still if you want but the quality isn't gonna be nearly as good. try using x264 with 2500 or 3000 bit rate and set the CPU preset to fast

Edit: make sure you're under advanced settings on the Output section.

Adamxd

Alright so i know whats the problem but not quite xD its not the connection my brother's room is next to me i plugged the Ethernet cable from my modem to his PC and tried to stream there and guess what ... his bitrate there dosent go below 3600-3700 Bitrate even though i sit it to 3500 so Yea its My PC do you have any idea whats causing it by any chance ?

Adamxd

like his bitrate there can be sit actually to 4000 no frame drops but if i do it here i will have 600 bitrate 2000 and random fluctuation Please any obs expert here its your time to shine because am about to FORMAT MY PC..... LMAO.