BobObs

Hello, I hope this is the right forum to post this question, but here is the problem:
U wathced a bunch of video because I wanted to my Discord/Game/Opera sound to be on different tracks, so I watched a bunch of yt videos and they explained it really great ( just so specify,the ''Application Audio Capture is the feteature that got explained and that I needed), but every single one has a mayor problem that no one talks about:
For games, you need either:
1: Select your new game that you want to record every single time or
2: Add so many AAC's, thats your whole Audio Mixer is overfilled with game sounds from many different games.

So here is my question, is there any good way to solve this problem? I obvously would rly love, if the recording was always on the game automaticly that I play or maybe do something like that all sounds in my headset except the ingame sound get excratet or something, Im rly helpless with that, would be a big deal if someone knew a good answer to that quickly ...
Ty

koala

Just yesterday a new OBS beta was released that approaches your issue. It enhances game capture to also capture the corresponding game audio, so you don't need separate application audio capture sources any more.
You can switch to the beta update channel within OBS to get it, or you can wait until it is actually released as stable. It seems plugins are not affected with the new version, so in my opinion updating should be not too dangerous.

KogaKing

Just yesterday a new OBS beta was released that approaches your issue. It enhances game capture to also capture the corresponding game audio, so you don't need separate application audio capture sources any more.
You can switch to the beta update channel within OBS to get it, or you can wait until it is actually released as stable. It seems plugins are not affected with the new version, so in my opinion updating should be not too dangerous.
I'm curious about this as well? It's now April and OBS studio is on version 30.1.2. And I need to know what features that is, because like the OP said. using Application Audio Capture (Beta) just makes you have to add the audio output for each individual game. Version 30.1.2 added a feature so that when you add either a game capture device or WIndows Capture device there is now an option inside those two captures settings to capture Audio. But again per the users problem, this doesn't really solve the issue of filling up the audio mixer with a volume meter for each game you add. It would be nice if I could just have a single meter that could be used to capture game audio from every single Window Capture or Game but still have it separate from all the other PC noises. I've tried routing with VoiceMeeter but VoiceMeeter doesn't help.