How can I mitigate streams dropping to 0 bitrate?

therootedone

Hello again!

I'm currently experiencing an issue with my ISP where there is noise in the lines causing micro-drops in connection. Not enough to kick the modem offline but enough to make OBS drop my entire stream. Bitrate goes to 0 and the icon turns red and there is no chance at recovery until restarting the program. In these cases, clicking the Stop Streaming button 'freezes' the button as grey and I need to hard restart the program.

I've used another program, Prism Live Studio which to my understanding is also built on OBS as an alternative while this problem persists and Prism does not drop the connection during those blips. I get a 'you may be buffering for this many milliseconds' message but the connection holds.

My question is, because both are built from the same platform, is there any chance we can tune some settings on OBS to mimic that behaviour? To not completely drop the stream during those blips.

I would like to post a log file, but sans any personal information. Is it possible to only post a portion of the file that indicates what's happening when the connection drops?

Thank you!

Lawrence_SoCal

other than possibly path names, there is no personal info in the file (unless you name your scene names, sources, record file names, etc something you don't want to share)
Regardless, log is a TXT file and you can certainly edit it of any names/references you are sensitive about, and then share the edited version

Part of the behavior may be OBS, but may also be plugins or other you are doing. My OBS livestreams don't drop with 1-3 second ISP drops during a stream