Hotkeys Stop Working - OBS 28.xx

pakpenyo

Any news on this?
I only experienced it while streaming.

Input monitoring: ON.
Never disable hotkeys: ON.
Macmini M1, latest OBS, latest Sonoma.

jremitz

Thanks for replying. I didn’t notice it yet on 30.1.2 but I just installed it and only streamed twice since then.

General observation although it might have been coincidental: the last time I experienced this bug I was cleaning up replay files before going live. Probably coincidental but just calling it out. Since I last saw it I have been making a habit of restarting my laptop before streaming and thus far I haven’t experienced it. Again, probably coincidental but sharing.

Also, while I’ve tried restarting my replay buffer which has never helped, I did notice that if I go in and remap my save replay buffer hotkey, it’s good for exactly one instant replay save. It then stops working until I go into settings and remap the hotkey again. I can do that as many times as I want to try to save a few replays while I’m streaming but it’s very distracting and unmanageable.

Just wanted to share in case it helps hone in on the issue.

pakpenyo

Thanks for replying. I didn’t notice it yet on 30.1.2 but I just installed it and only streamed twice since then.

General observation although it might have been coincidental: the last time I experienced this bug I was cleaning up replay files before going live. Probably coincidental but just calling it out. Since I last saw it I have been making a habit of restarting my laptop before streaming and thus far I haven’t experienced it. Again, probably coincidental but sharing.

Also, while I’ve tried restarting my replay buffer which has never helped, I did notice that if I go in and remap my save replay buffer hotkey, it’s good for exactly one instant replay save. It then stops working until I go into settings and remap the hotkey again. I can do that as many times as I want to try to save a few replays while I’m streaming but it’s very distracting and unmanageable.

Just wanted to share in case it helps hone in on the issue.
I've ready testing with one hour streaming, there's no problem. But, we'll see for 4-6 hour streaming. And I change the key to switch scene with shift (shift+1, shift+2, etc) rather than 1,2, etc.