Horizontal Flip Video

JSmorada

I see there's an option in the camera properties to flip the video vertically but none for flipping it horizontally. It seems to me this should be a no-brainer, since all the webcams I've used show the video as if you're looking into a mirror. In order for me to flip the video horizontally, I have to import it into another program just for that purpose, such as Edius. It shouldn't be all that difficult to implement, and I'm surprised it hasn't been.

Thanks for listening...
Jon

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Assuming you're talking about the virtual camera, the mirror effect is only visible to you. Flipping it it would then look backwards for all the viewers.

JSmorada

R1CH,

I'm not using the virtual camera, just the Logitech Brio. Also, I'm using OBS for recording, not streaming for this question.

Jon

AdamNeverwas

Select it first (click on it), it needs to be with red selection marker around your input, then right click, transform -> flip horiz.

AskMP

This

this is really something that should be included in the Camera Source options instead of having to hunt it down like this.
But it isn’t something associated to the camera… it’s associated to the source transformation which is exactly the place it’s located in. Your solution would require flip horizontal in every window; images, video, scenes, inputs, etc… Having it in source allows for you to apply any transformation attribute to any source. Rotation, flipping, cropping, scaling, are all part of the source attributes.

steveprgm

that being said.. it would be nice to have it included inside the ctrl+E "edit transformation" window (maybe add a tab for these special options?)