Bug Report high load on cpu0:0

sailor25462

Dear All,

I'm struggling hard with a streaming pc, effectively an older dual cpu XEON 4 core HP Proliant server. The system has subsequently 8 physical cores in total, i.e. 16 logical cores, when using multi threading in BIOS.
The system get's up to 3 NDI streams as input, with ca. 200-220 Mbit/s each.
A cheap AMD graphics card is installed, but we use software encoding only, so it shouldn't matter really.

Now, what we see is that as soon as you activate a single NDI stream, additional high load can be seen on cpu0:0.
This will quickly go up to 100% (when adding additional NDI streams) and stay there constantly.
When this happens, stream will start to drop frames, massively.

Depending on the individual settings, all other cores will have quite similar load, higher setting, higher load, mostly around 50% to 60% with the chosen settings, so far so ok...
So it's not that everything is happening on cpu0:0 only, but a part of the workload is exclusively put on the first logical core only, thus overloading the total system quickly.
We have tried to use windows cpu core exclusions for obs (and any related) threads, but no improvement at all.

Strangely enough, we think that such behaviors could not be seen when we initially made the installation. However, it's virtually impossible to turn back times and identify a point where everything worked and to see what changed later.
We reinstalled all drivers, software, etc., nothing helps.

So here I am, kindly asking for you great support please!

Edit:
Forgot to mention that we have no bottle neck in upload rate. We use fiber with 20Mbit/s up.
With full HD and 5000-8000, we use only a fair little piece of cake form the line capacity.

Last edited: