Question / Help high cpu utilization on streamlabs obs with an i9 9900k

I am troubled as my processor performance while streaming games like the wicther 3 or fortnite, even lowering the resolution and the birate seems to me to be some problem with the performance of mine cpu.
I use SLOBS and the program even uses 40 percent of my cpu during streaming.
Thanks to those who help.

Attachments

• 2019-12-28 16-53-30.txt
    51.6 KB · Views: 174

Narcogen

No output session in log. Open OBS, begin an output session, observe your issue, stop the output session, upload the Current log without quitting OBS.

The only stream attempt here ends in a connection error:

16:40:02.255: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connecting to RTMP URL rtmp://live-sao.twitch.tv/app...
16:40:02.278: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Interface: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V (ethernet, 100 mbps)
16:40:20.108: ==== Shutting down ==================================================
16:40:20.122: Switched to scene '(null)'
16:40:22.374: WASAPI: Device 'Alto-falantes (HyperX Quadcast)' Terminated
16:40:22.388: WASAPI: Device 'Microfone (HyperX Quadcast)' Terminated
16:40:22.514: All scene data cleared
16:40:22.514: ------------------------------------------------
16:40:27.482: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
16:40:27.483: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Connection to rtmp://live-sao.twitch.tv/app failed: -3

carlmmii

You're using x264 encoding for 1080p60. x264 uses the CPU to encode, and 40% CPU usage is absolutely the expected usage for your CPU. You do not have a single frame lost to either rendering lag or encoding lag, which means OBS has all of the processing power it needs to perform its function.

If the CPU usage is interfering with other programs, you can try lowering the priority of OBS in the advanced settings, or you could try using the NVenc encoder, as that will use your GPU for encoding instead of your CPU.

You're using x264 encoding for 1080p60. x264 uses the CPU to encode, and 40% CPU usage is absolutely the expected usage for your CPU. You do not have a single frame lost to either rendering lag or encoding lag, which means OBS has all of the processing power it needs to perform its function.

If the CPU usage is interfering with other programs, you can try lowering the priority of OBS in the advanced settings, or you could try using the NVenc encoder, as that will use your GPU for encoding instead of your CPU.
Thank you for your reply, one more thing, you belive that playing while streaming the wicther 3, the cpu use will be highter?

carlmmii

Yes. Witcher 3 is a much more demanding game. Just have your task manager up (ctrl-shift-esc) on the side while you play and you can see the realtime CPU usage under the Performance tab.