Hiding an app (or make it transparent) while screen capturing

prasanthmp

I need to know whether I can hide a particular app when I am capturing my screen.
Scenario: Consider I am recording a lecture with my screen (whole screen) and webcam recorded, I want to keep a notes app open so that I can read my written notes from that app, but I don't want that app to be displayed on screen recording.

khaver

No, you can't remove the visibility of one window when capturing the whole display. You can isolate a single window to be captured using window capture. If your lecture material is in one app and your notes in another, just capture the lecture material app. The notes window will not be captured. Another way is to put your notes on a smartphone or tablet. And another way would be to use an app that can extend your desktop to a smartphone or tablet by making the smartphone/tablet a second display (duet display or the built in Mac app Side Car). And another another way would be to use the Display Capture but keep your lecture material to a portion of the display and crop away the rest in OBS. Once you've adjusted the crop to only show the lecture area, zoom it to fill your entire canvas.