Hide Source When Playback Ends - Why does OBS not have a feature like this?

Daglin

All I want is for a source to HIDE when a playback ENDS so that I don't have to manually hide it. As is, I need to use two different hotkeys to be able to get the desired effect for one media source. It has been so difficult to figure out how to make this software do what I want it to do. I Google this and see so many threads about this very thing, many going back as far as 5 years, and yet the software still does not offer anything like this without there being some very complicated method requiring other 3rd party programs or a stream deck. Does anyone have a quick fix for this? Thanks...

Daglin

Turns out, this was actually a feature in OBS; the ability to hide a media source when playback ends.. Why on earth was it removed?

Daglin

The reason why this is an issue for me is because the media sources I am trying to hide/unhide have intro and outro transitions. When you restart a media source, it won't play with the transitions because the transitions will only show when the source is either being shown from hidden or when being hidden. I believe there should be a setting that allows for a media source to simply hide itself when the playback finishes so that the same hotkey can be used again and achieve the intended effect continuously, transitions included.