Hide From Screeen Region Option

Qwiso

XSplit has a checkbox in the general options that is labeled "Hide from screen region". It causes the software to be invisible to itself for capture purposes so you won't have an infinity mirror or even see the interface while editing the scene on the same screen you are capturing from. It is quite a nice option that I think is worth adding.

Qwiso

micechal said:
Maybe try Stream Privacy: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmes ... _id=225200 and choose OBS in it and then in Software Capture Source uncheck 'Capture layered windows' (or something, I don't remember) :)

Hey, thanks. I can see an issue where some people want to stream their desktop gadgets so disabling that layered window option won't work for everyone. This does work for me, though I would still like to see it as an innate feature if it is as easy as this little program can make it.

Muf

Forum Moderator
Qwiso said:
Hey, thanks. I can see an issue where some people want to stream their desktop gadgets so disabling that layered window option won't work for everyone. This does work for me, though I would still like to see it as an innate feature if it is as easy as this little program can make it.
That's too bad, because both StreamPrivacy as well as the "Hide from screen region" option make the window in question a layered window. By very nature of how StreamPrivacy works, being able to capture layered windows will make the "hidden" window visible.

The only other way to hide windows is by using Game Capture or Inner Window capture with Aero enabled.